What si the license the footage is released?
The footage which is free to download is released under the creative commons copyrights Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International.
Reselling or redistribute the footage on other footage sites or collections is not allowed.
The footage which you have to pay for has usually bigger file sizes and therefore it is not possible to provide it for free. This footage is released with a royality free license .
What are the differences to all other footage sites?
1. The price is very competitive you also have the possibility to use the lowres version without watermark in your works to test the footage.
2. The quality oft the footage is always top, that means tileable textures , 4k or HD video content for the timelapse series, 10k HDRI´s or above.
3. Simple to use. Direct download links on the front-page. Every release is compressed in one zip -file, you don´t have to download one pic after another. You don´t have to registrate (you can – as you like at the purchase) or type in your email address, Nothing – just straight download.
How can I get updated when yo release a new archive? You don´t have a mailing list.
Use the RSS feed of my blog or like the facebook page.
Why do you use a JPG sequence for the time lapse movies and not a mov or avi?
There are problems with container formats such as avi´s or mov´s because of the different codecs that are used in production. A JPG can use every editing or compositing system so I wanted to be 100% compatible.
QuickTime prores files (mov) HQ are also available at the paid downloads.
Why are the Hdris from your site not looking right in my 3d program? They appear some kind of crisp and contrasted in the program (maya, max, softimage…)
You have to change the gamma of the hdri images to 2.2 that they appear right in your 3d application. You can do this with Photoshop – adjustments – exposure or with a hdr application like hdrshop.
What about other openfootage sites?
The site has nothing to do with openfootage.com, openfootage.de or openfootage.org!
I payed for the download and don get the footage!
1. After Payment you get immediately an email with the download link and the invoice. If you think you did not get it please check your spam folder!
2. After Payment on paypal there is a link back to openfootage there you can download the files direct on the page.